Froud’s Gents Hairdressing, or Froud & Co how we are known, started life in 1931 in the Station approach in Clapham Junction Battersea, by Charles Froud, then over the years he was joined by his sons John and Peter.
Redevelopment at the station in 1971 saw the shop move to its current location on Lavender Hill, no 135, where it was then run by John and his business partner Michael Sperring after Peter left and moved to the Isle of Wight.
In 1976, Grandson Richard joined Frouds as an apprentice from high school and attended the London College of Fashion.
David Froud joined the family business in the 80’s and both he and Richard ran the business as a partnership when John stepped down in 1996.
Marc came to the salon in 1995, and when David left Hairdressing in 2001, he teamed up with Richard as joint business partner with Richard to this day.
We offer a walk in service so no appointments needed, just pop in.